In this hi-tech era, digitization has covered everything in financial market too. How can EPFO stay behind? Now, EPF investors can get all details of their EPF account from the online E-passbook facility provided by EPFO. A secured registration process will help you for login and check the balance of your account.
However, this facility will now be available to only those employees whose employer has uploaded electronic Challan cum return in the month of May 2012 and onward. For inactive members, this portal may be closed and they may need to request for the details and wait for them to proceed.
The Process is divided into seven steps where you will need your mobile phone and it will serve as security of your personal details.
- Go to member’s registration page on EPFO site. You may reach there from this link. http://members.epfoservices.in/
- Here you will find registration point, click on Register and your registration process will start. First, fill up your details. Mobile number is essential out of all. Other than that, you need to choose a document from the provided list. These documents list contain eight documents and all are your identity proofs. Select any of them. As they are issued by government to you, they all contain numbers. Choose any of the documents and add the document number. This document number again will be important for you.
- Once you fill all the information, click on GET PIN button and you will receive a PIN number on your phone. Enter the PIN number in the ‘Enter Authorization PIN’ and Click on Submit.
- You are now registered with online EPFO and entered in member details area. The document number and mobile number are important for login next time. You can also download E-Passbook by clicking on top of page. There is an option of downloading your passbook.
- Now choose your state where your company operates and you will find list of offices where EPFO offices are established.
- Enter your EPF account number and name. The name should be same as it displays in your EPF records. Again, you need to click GET PIN and you will receive another pin on your mobile. Once again enter the pin into the field Enter Authorization PIN and click on GET DETAILS.
- Your work is done and you get your EPF account details. If you do not get the details, click on Send request to receive your e-passbook. When you click on it, they will ask for confirmation. Confirm it. Your request will be accepted and displayed on screen. You will have to wait for few days for getting details. It may not appear, as your employer might not have provided the required procedure as mentioned earlier.