It is suggested that you should never hamper the deposition of income tax retrievals because the early you residue the returns, the more immediately you will get your refunds. Many times the income tax refund delayed has bothered you? So, let me find out all the possible reasons for that today.
As later you file returns, the income tax department will take further time to process it. The extra time consumed by you is usually the primary cause of delayed refunds. This is the fundamental factor; however, there might be other reasons as well.
To know more about the delayed refunds go through the following information. This will not only help you to know explanations of delay but will also equip you with various actions which you can put up with for timely refunds.
Possible Reasons for Income Tax Refund Delayed
1:- What steps you need to take if you haven’t received the refunds till now?
If the income tax department has not approved your refunds yet, you don’t need to worry. Just go through the following steps to obtain your refunds.
Step 1:- Firstly browse and reach the income tax department’s electronic-filling website. There you have to log in with your unique user ID, secret password, and your DOB. In the case of incorporation, you have to put the incorporation date in place of the date of birth.
Step 2:- Secondly, check and touch the ‘My Account’ option and click on the ‘Refund or Demand status’ tab.
Step 3:- Immediately the details regarding your refund will be shown on your display. This information will accompany extra details like methods of payment, assessment year, and will also show the reasons why your refund has been delayed or failed.
2:- What are the probable refund statuses?
From the below ones, one can be your rebate /refund status.
- No e-filling accomplished during the accounting year
- Not specified/determined
- Refund/rebate paid
- Income Tax Returns (ITR) carried out and forwarded to the refund/reimbursement banker.
- Refund not reimbursed/ paid
- Demand inferred/determined
- Communication to your JAO ( Jurisdictional Assessing Officer)
3:- What are the different reasons for the refund not reaching you and what you need to do?
As mentioned earlier, there are several factors that can lead to the delay of your refunds. Following are the reasons which can result in the delay of your reimbursement and also the trials which you can put to get timely refunds.
Reasons why a refund is not done yet:
- The income Tax department requires extra documents to carry out your refund plea.
- The income tax department has dismissed your request because you are indebted to them.
- The details of the refund proposal or request are found inaccurate or false by the IT department.
- The primary bank account has been shifted or changed.
- Your request for a refund stand under processed. This can be of two tiers:
- a) It is late from the side of the income tax department
- b) The income tax department has carried out the process but it is late at your bank’s side.
- Documenting returns with offline form and not via e-filling.
Actions you can put up with to claim your returns
- Communicate the problem instantly to your Jurisdictional Assessing officer and procure consideration from him.
- On getting legal notice from the IT department regarding your distinguished amounts you simply require to review your documents and recalculate tax refunds and liabilities. If the calculation is found inaccurate, then pay the outstanding duty demanded by the IT department.
- If the IT department found your details incorrect, they will serve you with a notice mentioning the reasons for refund failure.
- If the department has not carried your request yet, you can put in the missed amount.
- If you have shifted or altered primary bank account then communicate it to your JAO
- If you have filed your refund proposal physically, it may take extra time.