Your Guide for IPCC exams
In this blog, we will try to brainstorm some of the general guidance for preparing you for IPCC exams. This walkthrough is an add-on to your studying style and is meant for improving your current technique; the blog aims for providing ideas for improving your study techniques and improving concentration which is much needed for your CA exams. Clearing the exams is mostly related to your intellectual ability; however, you could still enhance your chances considerably by using suitable study and revision mechanism.
Understanding your IPCC Syllabus
- Wisely go through the syllabus.
- Understand the links among the chapters at detailed level.
- Make sure you go through all the updates with respect to syllabus as issued by the ICAI
- Review your preparation with respect to the syllabus at regular intervals
Self-study or Coaching Classes
This is one of the important decisions which you are required to make for a fruitful study plan. Self-study is usually good students who are not used to classes or who like to understand their subjects themselves. Though self-study is not advisable for all subjects.
Important subjects for Coaching Classes:
- Financial Reporting
- Direct Tax
- Advanced Management Accounting
- Indirect Tax
- Strategic Financial Management
Apart from the above subjects, all are theoretical subjects and can be prepared by self-study. You must concentrate on subjects such as law and audit during the articleship and try relating it with your practical work.
You must try to finish all your classes much ahead of your exams so that you have enough time to revise your subjects.
Strategize your Study
- Prepare a plan for your study for covering whole syllabus and allocate your time accordingly daily or weekly basis.
- You must allocate your time based on your office obligations together with your personal mundane work.
- Keep a time balance between various subjects with respect to theoretical and numerical papers. You must allot your time in a fashion that your interest would be persistent.
- Always measure your preparation at times, on a weekly/monthly basis. If required, review your strategy and allot additional time for subjects which you think requires more effort.
Preparing Study Strategy
- Understand, read, and assimilate each chapter.
- Read every chapter slowly for ensuring that you appreciate the main concept. If required, read it again with better concentration and try to attempt the exercise provided in the Practice Manual or at the end of each chapter.
- Review the main concepts of each chapter by making brief notes.
- Make notes in such manner which makes you comfortable in covering every key point.
- Use highlighter for marking the important points for your review.